Dudley Child Executive Recruitment
At Dudley Child we have a clear goal of becoming the number one recruitment partner of choice for the UK Manufacturing & Engineering Industry.
Our ethos is to provide a first class service that champions excellence in the recruitment process, mirroring the quality requirements of our target markets
Electronics Development Technician
United Kingdom / South West
Job Reference No:
My client is a leading global manufacturer who supplies capital equipment into the Oil and Gas, Marine and Power Generation industries. It has established manufacturing facilities, a global network of local offices and agents who provide a worldwide service. Your customer base will be able to locally source their products, supported by life-of-plant maintenance, repair and upgrade services.
Reporting into the Electronics Design manager you will be part of a R&D team that will be required to:
• To build and test the electronic and electrical systems within complete actuators or parts of actuators in accordance with the test parameters laid down.
• To liaise with the responsible engineer during any requested test. To be able to set up and use the appropriate test equipment. Typical test equipment utilised in the department such as :
- EMC Test equipment – Fast Transient/ Surge/ESD
- Mains Simulator Power Supply
- Laboratory test equipment – Oscilloscopes/ Mulitmeters
- Power Analysers
• To produce in-house test equipment to be used to validate the performance of the electronic modules within their product range. This will involve electronics design and software design for this test equipment.
• Operation of PC based applications for testing Network products such as Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus.
• To monitor and record all necessary information during tests.
• To build and test the company’s new products and assist with its manufacture and development, maintaining adequate records of all work undertaken for inclusion in a technical report.
• Produce technical reports where necessary.
• To assist in the evaluation of licensees or competitors products.
• To ensure the proper safety procedures are followed.
• To occasionally visit third party test laboratories to supervise / conduct tests such as EMC compliance and safety testing.
• To occasionally visit customer sites for the purpose of learning how our products are installed and used in the UK or abroad.
• To assist with the general housekeeping of the department.
The ideal candidate will have a BTEC HND in Electrical/Electronics or equivalent as well as strong communication skills and the ability to produce clear and concise test reports. Experience of working in a R&D department and working knowledge of Labview is desirable but not essential in this challenging yet rewarding position
If you are unable to find the job you are looking for, please try looking through our complete list of jobs in the search bar, or click through to see all Vacancies.
As well as Electronics Development Technician jobs we also have Manufacturing Vacancies. Including jobs in the UK and Europe.