Sigma Manufacturing Ltd
We are a contract Product Manufacturing Company with manufacturing & engineering capabilities. Electro-mechanical products are designed, developed and manufactured all under one roof.
We have a multi-disciplined team of 25 staff ranging from 3D CAD engineering through advanced prototyping & production engineering.
In house activities include CAD engineering, rapid prototyping, toolmaking, plastic injection moulding, production CNC machining, product decoration (printing & painting) and product assembly.
In addition we have a well established supply-chain for all custom components, including all plastics, metals, rubbers, keypads, displays, decals, cable-assys & electronics.
We specialise in the design & manufacture of high quality enclosure kits for the Electronics, Medical and Defence sectors.
We supply a combination of production components, build-ready enclosure kits and finished products.
Production Quality Manager
Monmouthshire / Newport
£20,000 - £25,000
Job Reference No:
Sigma Manufacturing Ltd (XXXXX)
This is an exciting opportunity for an intelligent, self-motivated individual to join a small ambitious manufacturing company with huge growth potential.
This is a new position, the Directors viewing this as a key member of the management team.
Is this a quality-driven production manager or a production-driven quality manager?
Either way, the position will require a direct & hands-on approach to ensuring that systems & procedures are adhered to and are effective in assuring the quality of our products; working with our managers, administration and production staff alike.
1. To assist the Operations Director in resource management & capacity scheduling
2. To liaise with shop-floor staff in respect of daily schedules & to monitor progress
1. Continued maintenance & enhancement of existing QMS (ISO9001:2000)
2. Supervision & training of production staff in the use of QA/production systems & procedures
3. Supplier approvals & audits
4. QMS Audits in compliance with our current ISO 9000 certification
5. Represent Company in all quality related matters including product quality plans, customer complaints, & non-conformance corrective actions.
6. Liaise with customer & internal engineers at product design and enquiry stages to raise quality plans for production manufacture
7. Actively seek new ways to improve process effectiveness to increase yield and reduce scrap cost
8. Measure and manage customer complaint process, including corrective action procedure. Identify & manage projects aimed at reducing customer complaints
9. Review & monitor inspection equipment capability to ensure customer requirements are achieved
10. Review & monitor plant maintenance schedules in compliance with our current ISO 9001:2000 certification
11. To be responsible for the continuing registration to ISO9001:2000
12. To be key player in our new target of achieving registration to BSEN13485:2003
Health & Safety Responsibilities
1. To carry out Risk assessments, H&S checklists and audits in compliance with our ISO9001:2000
2. To create, monitor and maintain safe working environment & work practices
1. Good degree of numeracy & literacy
2. Totally familiar with the structure & workings of ISO9001:2000
3. A formal engineering training/education/qualification with a minimum of 5 years experience in Quality Control in a manufacturing environment.
4. Creative & analytical
5. Excellent oral & written communication skills
6. Good working ability of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc
7. Self motivated & able to work independently and as part of a team
A competitive starting salary £20k-£25k to reflect the individuals experience & capabilities.
We expect this salary to grow appreciably as the company benefits from the value this individual will bring.
Further details can be discussed at interview
Details CVs required to
Sigma Manufacturing Ltd
Newtown Industrial Estate
If you are unable to find the job you are looking for, please try looking through our complete list of jobs in the search bar, or click through to see all Vacancies.
As well as Production Quality Manager jobs we also have Manufacturing Vacancies. Including jobs in the UK and Europe.