We are looking for an experienced Sales / Estimating Engineer to assist in the growth of the Laser Cutting Division of a highly-regarded fabrication business. Able to establish strong customer relationships, you will discuss fabrication solutions, interpret technical drawings and prepare detailed quotations that may involve metal Laser Cutting, Welding and Fabrication.
Situated in Lancashire, our client is a large, well established (over 30 years) and fast-growing metal machining (CNC and Lasers), fabrication and welding company. The business is a market leader operating across a diverse range of industry sectors and has an excellent reputation for its ability to deliver innovative metal components, solutions and fabricated products of the highest quality.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sales / Estimating Engineer to join a team providing customers with high-quality metal fabrications, components and parts. Key responsibilities will be:
• The establishment of customer relationships using your communication skills and knowledge of metal laser cutting, welding and fabrication.
• The interpretation of customer and in-house technical requirements and drawings.
• The preparation of estimates and proposals for laser-cut metal fabrications.
• The monitoring and improvement of estimating accuracy and methods.
• Providing some advice and guidance to internal production units.
• Liaising with materials and sub-contract suppliers to ensure detailed quotations for customers.
• Updating management and customers with progress.
• Ensuring estimations and quotations are delivered on time and to customers’ satisfaction.
With a sound metal laser cutting, welding and fabrications background, you will demonstrate the ability to interpret customer requirements and drawings and produce accurate estimates of materials, machining time/costs etc. Your profile will also display the following attributes:
• Sales or customer-facing ability.
• Prior relevant experience of estimating.
• Good knowledge of laser cutting and metal fabrication.
• The capability of working well on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Good numeracy and computer literacy.
• Time management skills with the ability to manage differing or conflicting priorities.
• Enthusiasm with strong communication skills at all levels.
• Ideally some professional qualifications and CAD experience.
The role, which offers excellent career development prospects, carries a competitive salary and benefits package and is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Blackpool, Bolton, Burnley, Blackburn and surrounding areas. Please submit your details to XXXXX or to discuss this opportunity further please call Gordon Palmer on XXXX XXX XXXX.
If you are unable to find the job you are looking for, please try looking through our complete list of jobs in the search bar, or click through to see all Vacancies.
As well as Sales - Estimating Engineer (Metal Fabrication) jobs we also have Manufacturing Vacancies. Including jobs in the UK and Europe.