My client is a Global energy services company providing a wide range of Engineering, Production and Maintenance services to global Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries.
The purpose of the position is to plan and prepare production schedules to ensure customer required delivery dates are achieved. You will plan and schedule work for each department and work centre. In addition you will manage capacity to assist in reducing production bottlenecks and any potential under absorption.
Included in your key responsibilities and accountabilities, but not limited to;
• Operate MRP System, prepares production & capacity reports
• Confers with Value Stream personnel to determine job status and liaise with Supply Chain personnel to assist in resolving parts and or bended services issues
• Analyses plant, departmental and work centre capacity data to schedule & prioritize work, manage bottlenecks, identify where resource is to be allocated and forecast under absorption
• Expedites operations that delay production schedules from being achieved and schedules accordingly to overcome capacity, supply chain or other problems.
• Prepares purchase orders to obtain materials, tools and equipment.
• Assists in problem root cause analysis of job delivery or cost overruns
• Supports local capability centre in numerous global locations
The ideal candidate will have a College degree or equivalent alongside Production Planning experience utilising an MRP or ERP system. You will have demonstrated ability and experience in communication skills (verbal and written), strong attention to detail and carrying out analytical and problem solving activities. Naturally you will be experienced in delivering improvements in supply chain quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness.
The Production Planner will have knowledge of Supply Chain Practices and Lean Techniques.
For further information and for a confidential conversation please contact me on 0113 2468882
If you are unable to find the job you are looking for, please try looking through our complete list of jobs in the search bar, or click through to see all Vacancies.
As well as Support Services – Production Planner – Aberdeen Area jobs we also have Manufacturing Vacancies. Including jobs in the UK and Europe.