CLH Limited are specialist recruiters within the Civil Engineering, Construction and allied Industries. Our service is nationwide and no assignment is too large or small. Our service both to applicants and clients is one of honesty and we pride ourselves on being able to deliver on time.
Wets Area Construction Coordinator
United Kingdom / Wales
£24,000 - £31,000
Job Reference No:
Wets Area Construction Coordinator – The day to day coordination/ management of allocated site works packages and site installation teams. Ensuring that installation work is carried out safely and efficiently and meets all quality requirements.
Is responsible to the Construction Project Engineer for:
• Ensuring that a safety first attitude is promoted and maintained throughout all site based activities. Carrying out regular inspections to confirm standards are being maintained.
• The general management of all Construction activities on the site including Sub-contractors.
• Carry out routine Safety Inspections and produce reports on findings.
• The management of the workforce on site to ensure that safe methods of work are used and the effect on the environment is minimised
• Ensure that safe systems of work are established for all operations.
• Ensure as far as is practicable that details of the safe systems of work developed are communicated to all who will carry out or may be affected by the operation and that the systems are implemented.
• Ensure emergency procedures are communicated to all the workplace.
• Liaise with the Craneage Co-ordinator to ensure that all cranes employed are properly certificated and that all crane operations are properly planned and executed.
• Ensure that all machinery, plant, equipment, portable tools and electrical systems are properly installed, regularly inspected and maintained in good condition to minimise environmental damage or pollution and safeguard employees Health and Safety and that adequate records are maintained.
• Make certain that all plant operators, banksmen and / or signallers are competent and only employed on duties for which they have been properly trained. Hired-in operators should also be in possession of documentary evidence of training and experience.
• Make sure that suitable protective clothing and equipment is available, where appropriate or required by assessment, and that it is used.
• Ensure that adequate facilities are available and properly maintained for the health and welfare of employees.
• Control of the execution of the Works in a safe and effective manner complying with the requirements of the contract
• Control the Workforce
• Monitor the quality of the works on a daily basis
• Identify and plan labour needs in conjunction with the Construction Project Engineer
• Keep site records up to date and update records regularly, maintain a daily construction diary.
• Ensures that plant, labour and materials are used efficiently and cost effectively
• Ensure that wastage on site is kept to an absolute minimum
• Maintain a Lifting Equipment Register.
• In conjunction with HSE Advisor maintain a SQEP / Training Register for blue collar resources.
• Review & Approve relevant documentation (RAMS).
• Attend and input to site / planning meetings.
• Ensure all appropriate approved documentation is in place for installation work activities.
• Attend / hold Pre & Post job briefs.
• Attend / hold daily construction meetings.
• Attend weekly project meetings.
Accountable to the Relevant Project Engineer for the safe and efficient delivery of all allocated installation works.
If you are unable to find the job you are looking for, please try looking through our complete list of jobs in the search bar, or click through to see all Vacancies.
As well as Wets Area Construction Coordinator jobs we also have Energy Vacancies. Including jobs in the UK and Europe.